Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation!


Today was an exciting evening for not only Abby but Jeff and I as well. Abby graduated from Kindergarten at McClain Christian Academy. She started Kindergarten early. She will not be able to go on to the 1st grade b/c she will not turn 6 years old by the end of September. She was ready academically for Kindergarten. So, we felt that she needed to go on and start Kindergarten. The 2008 Kindergarten class at MCA did an excellent job with the songs, The Twelve Disciples and Our God is An Awesome God. Each child came to the microphone and told what he or she wanted to be when they grow up. Of course, Abby said that she wanted to be a teacher. I'm so proud of my baby! She is so outgoing like her daddy. Abby will not be returning to MCA next school year. She will repeat Kindergarten at Tuckers Crossroads, where I teach Special Education K-5. I am so thankful for the Christian values that MCA has instilled in Abby. I'm amazed at how much she has learned over the year at MCA. We will miss our MCA family but feel confident that Abby will return to MCA eventually along with Jack. Ms. Tonya, Abby's Kindergarten teacher, has been wonderful! She has exemplified how important it is to be a follower of Christ. In closing, I would like to say thank you to Ms. Tonya and we will miss you!
Kristi

No comments: