Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wow!

Today has been incredible! First off, my best friend Miriam was baptized at church. She kept it from me. At first, I was a little upset about it but realized how special it made it by not knowing. I am so proud of Miriam. I had been trying to get her to come to church for about 6 months. Finally, she decided to come to church with Jeff & I. Many of you do not know how Miriam has struggled all of her life. Now, she is so successful. She has her Masters degree in Education. As a single mom, she is raising her son, working full-time as an AP Biology Teacher at MJHS, and is constantly helping others. In my book, she is an incredible mom, sister, friend, and teacher. I love her. Miriam and I have been friends since the 2nd grade. After high school, we lost touch. About 4 years ago, we started hanging out again. We have been inseparable ever since. Abby, Jack, and Caleb are very close as well. We kid around saying that one day we wouldn't be surprised if Abby & Caleb ended up together. It's funny!!! They have a love/hate relationship. When I had an emergency C-section with Jack, Miriam was sitting in the waiting room for hours. She had no idea what was going on with my delivery but had a feeling that she needed to be there for me. I am truly blessed with the people that God has put in my life.

I want to praise God for what he has done for Miriam and my family. Just when I think that it cannot get any better, God blesses me in so many ways. I want to also say thank you to Eric, Lead Pastor at The Journey. He is always there when you need him. He is a wonderful person that I have so much respect and admiration for.

I love you all,

Kristi

No comments: