Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday!


Today has just begun and I'm already exhausted. I did not go to bed until about 1:30 AM. Jack decided to wake me up at 5:45 AM. Abby has a soccer game at 9:00 AM. This is Abby's 3rd season of playing soccer. She is doing very well. I have decided to take her to soccer camp at UT Knoxville from June 2-6. I think, Abby will have a blast. Jeff will hold down the fort here in Lebanon. Hopefully, he will be able to handle Jack.

As I sit here listening to Jack watching Alvin and The Chipmunks, I cannot help but to reflect on what God is doing in our lives. It seems as if as one door closes several open up. I have been struggling with the idea of leaving my profession to begin a new career. Most people realize that a teacher's salary is not what it should be. Each day, the children that I work with have some how made it apparent to me that I make a difference in their lives. I believe that God is sending me a message to let me know that being a teacher is my calling.

Also, I have been worried about next school year. Jack is attending the learning center at Southside Elementary. Abby is in Kindergarten at McClain Christian Academy. My mornings are hectic! I have to leave the house an hour before I have to arrive at work. I make two stops before I drive 17 miles to TXR. Last week, I was notified that Abby had been approved to attend school at TXR for the 2008-2009 school year. Also, Lebanon High School is going to open a learning center. So, Jack is going to be able to attend the learning center at TXR. Initially, they did not have an opening for Jack. I'm going to have both children with me at TXR next school year. I will be able to check on them throughout the day, eat lunch with them, go on field trips, etc... I'm so excited!!!

In closing, I would like to say that I'm so excited for what God is doing in Jeff's life. Most people do not realize that about four months ago was the first time ever that Jeff had been to church. Now, he is participating in small group, helping with host duty on Sunday morning, attending a conference today with The Journey, and informing others about The Journey. Praise God!

Kristi

No comments: