Saturday, June 7, 2008

Busy Week!

Monday began with an interview for me at Walter Hill in Rutherford County. I interviewed for a Pre-K Special Education teacher position. The interview went extremely well. I'm not sure if I want to take on the challenge of teaching Pre-K students. After the interview, I rushed back to Lebanon to pick up Jack at my sister's house. Then, Jack and I were ready for a much needed nap. On Tuesday morning, Abby went to summer camp while Miriam kept Jack so I could go see Dr. Knapp at Centennial Medical Center. I received great news from Dr. Knapp. He is not convinced that I have Rheumatory Arthritis. He is leaning more towards Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. I am so relieved to find out the RA is not in my future. After seeing Dr. Knapp, I did a little shopping before picking up Jack. Later that evening, we hosted an intervention with a few friends from church to try to help another friend that is battling a pill addiction. Jeff lead the group. He actually said his first prayer aloud for the group. We spent about 2 hours talking. It seemed to help our friend. On Wednesday, Jack & I spent the day hanging out here. It was so nice! Abby was at summer camp. We met Abby at summer camp to take a dip in the pool for about 2 hours. Wednesday evening, I had my women's group. We are starting a new video series. It was very interesting and I'm looking forward to our next meeting. Abby was spending the night with Miriam b/c we had to be at UMC by 7:00 AM for Jack's surgery. We were at UMC until around noon. Jack's surgery went extremely well until he decided to stop drinking anything for about 24 hours. Dr. Tate had warned us that he was more than likely going into the hospital for 1-2 days to prevent him from becoming dehydrated. When Dr. Tate called to check on Jack. He had just started eating and drinking. Praise God! On Friday, I had another interview at Lascassas School in Rutherford County. I have to say that I rocked the interview. The position is for a 7th/8th grade Resource Teacher. The school is only a year old. It was awesome! The classroom was very technology friendly. I should know within a week if they are going to offer the position to me. Jeff and I are going to have to sit down and discuss if it's even going to be worth the drive. It's 30 miles from our home. Friday evening, Jack and Abby joined some of our best friends at the movies to watch KungFu Panda. They loved it! Jack and I visited with my sister. Today, Jack & I went to Sports Village to swim while Jeff went fishing. Tonight, my mom and I had a shopping night. We went to dinner. Then, we hit the mall. My family and I are leaving to go to Panama City Beach on June 28-July 5. My family and I go on a vacation every summer together. We are so excited to get a much needed break from our hectic schedule. Jeff will not be going on the trip. He has to work. So, you may want to check on him while we are away. I'm sure that I will come home to a house in the same condition as I left it. I think, I've summed up our week. I will see you tomorrow at The Journey.

Take care,

Kristi

No comments: