Monday, December 8, 2008

It has been quite some time since I have blogged. Since the end of the July, I hit the ground running. I started a new job, Abby began Kindergarten at CFE, Jack started WEE Care, and Jeff is busy at Beacon. In October, Abby turned six years old. My baby is getting big! Jack is finally potty trained (thank goodness). My job is going extremely well. It is a very physical job. I have a total of 10 students with 2 educational assistants, Julie and Angela. The students can be very loving and very demanding. This is my first experience teaching a Comprehensive Development class. I have grown quite fond of the students. I've had to realize that most of the parents are doing the best that they can. It's sometimes easy to judge others without knowing the hardships that he or she faces from day to day. I have learned to be open-minded.
My family and I continue to have a strong connection at The Journey. If anyone is looking for a church family, we meet at West Elementary School in Mt. Juliet. The service begins at 9:30. The lead pastor is Eric Reed. He is a graduate of Lebanon High School. Jeff continues to be actively involved in church by participating in small group, bible study, host team on Sunday morning, men's events, skits, etc.... As a family, we host a small group in our home on Thursday evening. On every other Wednesday, I attend a women's bible study with some of my best friends, Kelly and Kasey. I am so fortunate to have so many special people in my life especially my church family.
Since Thanksgiving has come and gone, I want to take a moment to reflect on what I'm thankful for. First all, I'm thankful to have God in my life as well as my families' life. I'm thankful for my husband, Jeff. Although most of the time, he drives me crazy. He is a good person with a love for Christ. I'm truly blessed to have wonderful children, Abby & Jack. They are my heart! I'm thankful for my career which provides money to have a roof over my head and a vehicle. I'm thankful for wonderful parents that gave me life. I'm thankful for the relationships that I have with others. I could go on and on. So, you get the picture right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well for you. Have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa Spencer